Outstanding candidates are being sought to fill an exciting, newly-created senior leadership position at Michigan Virtual University,.
Position Summary – Vice President of Business Strategy
The Vice President of Business Strategy is one of two institutional vice presidents and will spearhead company-wide planning, development, implementation and continuous improvement of new and existing business strategies. The person selected for this dynamic and challenging opportunity will plan for an expanded portfolio of products and services to achieve annual sales and growth metrics and better serve MVU clients. The Vice President will also oversee market research efforts and manage stakeholder engagement, including the sales and customer service teams.
The successful candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for service to youth through education. Required qualifications include:
- MBA or equivalent combination of education and professional experience
- Formal training and/or proven track record of effective leadership development, management, communications and human relations
- 8-15 years of demonstrated effective leadership experience in the areas of business development, sales and sales management, educational and information technology, and/or continuous quality improvement
- Demonstrated successful experience in (a) entering new markets as a result of building new and innovative services and solutions, (b) building and leading cross functional teams with unified vision and goals, and/or (c) serving two or more government, education, for-profit and/or nonprofit organizations
- 8-15 years of progressively expansive experience in business development, market diversification and organizational transformation
The successful candidate will also have:
- A proven track record in the development of new business opportunities and meeting key performance indicators
- Expertise in a range of skills such as business process engineering, business model development, financial modeling, product portfolio planning, organizational strategy, channel and go-to-market models, and customer and market research
- Understanding of various technology applications, platforms and client hardware/software such as Microsoft Office, SharePoint, Customer Relationship Manager (CRM) and Learning Management Systems (LMS)
About Michigan Virtual University
Michigan Virtual University® (MVU®) is a nationally-recognized leader in online learning. It was established in 1998 by the State of Michigan. MVU is a private, nonprofit 501(c)(3) corporation and is governed by an independent board of directors comprised of individuals representing business, industry, higher education, K-12 education and state government. It is led by a strong, competent and stable leadership team, headed by its President Jamey Fitzpatrick, who is completing his 12th year of service in the role.
MVU began to serve Michigan’s K-12 community with online instructional services as a result of Public Act 230 of 2000, which launched the Michigan Virtual School® (MVS®). Today, MVS offers more than 150 unique courses, including 20 Advanced Placement courses and seven different foreign languages. MVU has over 25,000 course enrollments annually, with students in 500 public, private and charter school buildings across the state.
MVU provides online professional development for the K-12 community through 300+ courses. It provides training to thousands of educators with online professional development opportunities each year.
Through its Michigan Virtual Learning Research Institute™, MVU provides important leadership in research, policy recommendations and innovation, strengthening the state’s sharing of best practices in online and blended learning.
Annual starting salary for this position will be a minimum of $125,000, negotiable based upon experience and qualifications. In addition, MVU provides an excellent, competitive benefits package.
Application Process and Time Line
The firm of Quinn and Associates has been engaged to assist MVU with the search process. All questions regarding the search should be directed to Dr. Tim Quinn, email@example.com, 231-642-0966.
For full consideration, interested candidates should email a confidential statement of interest and professional resume to Dr. Quinn, firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than August 12, 2016. Expressions of interest and applications will remain confidential until a final selection is made.
The search timeline is as follows:
- Application deadline – August 12, or until filled
- Candidate screening – August 12-22
- Interviews – August 25, 26, 30 and 31
- Selection of final candidate – by September 12
- Start date – negotiable, as soon as possible