We want you to join one of the most exciting and innovative companies in Michigan. MVU is in the forefront of delivering high quality online learning programs and services to Michigan's K-12 community. We are proud of our accomplishments and our ability to serve a variety of customer needs.
- A career at MVU is personally rewarding and professionally challenging. Our employees use these words to describe working at MVU: Innovative, Collaborative, Exciting, Fun, Energizing, Dynamic, Friendly, Supportive, Flexible and Team-centered.
- We are also in tune with our internal customers, our own employees, keeping a pulse on the well-being of the team. The work environment is fast-paced, technology-driven, rapidly-changing, teamwork-oriented and personally engaging.
- When asked why MVU is a great place to work, employees say that MVU is a company that solves problems and impacts the future of learning in Michigan. MVU is keyed into the market and what their customers need.
|Vice President of Business Strategy
The Vice President of Business Strategy is one of two institutional vice presidents and will spearhead company-wide planning, development, implementation and continuous improvement of new and existing business strategies. The person selected for this dynamic and challenging opportunity will plan for an expanded portfolio of products and services to achieve annual sales and growth metrics and better serve MVU clients. The Vice President will also oversee market research efforts and manage stakeholder engagement, including the sales and customer service teams.
Click or more information »
Joining Our Team
For full consideration, interested candidates should email a confidential statement of interest and professional resume to Dr. Quinn, firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than August 12, 2016. Expressions of interest and applications will remain confidential until a final selection is made.
The search timeline is as follows:
- Application deadline – August 12, or until filled
- Candidate screening – August 12-22
- Interviews – August 25, 26, 30 and 31
- Selection of final candidate – by September 12
- Start date – negotiable, as soon as possible
Back to the top
Part-time instructors plan, organize and deliver an instructional program that has already been developed and aligned to state standards. Feedback is provided by the instructor in an online environment that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic potential. The instructor will be working in a part-time status and is required to provide academic support to approximately 70 students maximum for semester, 57 students maximum for trimester and 47 students maximum for summer in a variety of courses at varying levels of complexity. This position requires daily work (Monday-Friday) with established office hours defined for students from multiple Michigan schools. This position requires logging into class daily, response to students, mentors, parents or stakeholders within 24 hours, and scoring of student assignments within 96 hours of submission Monday through Friday. The successful candidate will be required to deliver instruction in a specific content area using MVS course materials. This position is based on a term-by-term appointment with no more than 19 hours per week. Part-time instructors will be assigned to work from home but will also be required to attend several professional development sessions throughout the year to include: Pre-MACUL (March) and Collaboration of the Minds (August), as a minimum.
All MVU instructors must be highly qualified and Michigan certified in their content areas.
Joining Our Team
Interested candidates are requested to complete an application on our application website. Currently, part-time instructors are in high need in Japanese, American Sign Language, Latin and AP Physics.
High need areas
World Languages »
AP Physics »
Other instructional areas
Career & Technical Education »
English/Visual Performing Arts »
Social Studies »
After viewing the position you are interested in, create your profile on our system. You will not be considered for the position until you have submitted a complete application.
Back to the top