Meeting center provides competitive edge
Sharpen your company's competitive edge by reducing critical decision-making and process cycle time! The MVU Global Collaboration Center is the most advanced, technology rich meeting center in mid-Michigan and is available to rent for as low as $80 per hour with free parking. A variety of catering options for your event are also available.
Save time and money with the MVU Global Collaboration Center!
With so many companies and organizations facing increased competition and economic pressure, time is a critical factor in developing your workforce, your company's processes and — most important — creating innovative and effective solutions! The MVU state-of-the-art Collaboratory provides an enabling environment for your company's vital meetings and events. It brings together geographically dispersed people for strategic planning, process development and decision making. The Collaboratory provides the latest tools in group meeting technology and web and videoconferencing.
Use our video conference technology to build meaningful business relationships.
- Bring clients and team members together from multiple locations.
- Simulate the face-to-face experience through full-motion video and high-quality digital document sharing.
- Move important collaborations forward without the typical roadblocks of busy executive calendars.
- Save valuable travel time for other important business functions.
Use our MVU-hosted ThinkTank® by GroupSystems Web application for strategic planning, product development, focus groups or marketing research and to innovate, stimulate creative ideas and develop plans or processes in a fraction of the time.
- ThinkTank provides teams with a structured methodology for innovation leaders to schedule, conduct, mediate and document innovation sessions.
- Use ThinkTank as a team support tool for new product or service ideation, concept analysis, strategy planning, project management, requirements gathering, budget planning or anything else requiring teams of people to meet, discuss, decide and innovate.
- Improve your group's productivity with our on-focus, on-schedule meeting tools. Studies show that meeting time can be reduced more than 50 percent with the use of groupware technology.
- Ensure participation of every member of your team with this streamlined, synchronous and asynchronous environment. Even the shyest personalities are able to express themselves with total anonymity; stronger personalities are less able to dominate.
- No more sticky notes and after-the-fact transcription! Instantly capture 100% of your team's input without taping a single sheet on the wall. With all comments electronically recorded, key points do not get lost and you will leave with complete electronic and/or print records of the day.
- Continue your team’s collaboration work asynchronously from any web-connected computer worldwide.
Our technical systems:
- Multi-site videoconferencing (H.323 IP) capability with multiple camera and input sources, professional studio lighting and audio
- 26 wide screen, dual-core processor laptops, high-speed fiber Internet access, Web and audio conferencing software
- Dual 8’ x 6’ rear projection screens for display of video, computer and television signals
- Multiple input and output sources
- Microsoft Office 2007® Professional desktop applications
- Data conferencing and application sharing
- AMX touch screen control panel
- High-resolution document camera
- Secure and isolated sub-network insuring complete confidentiality of your meeting
- Exceptional lighting, environmental controls, sound proofing and visual privacy
Contact us to learn how MVU can assist you in accelerating the productivity of your company's important work groups, facilitate strategic planning or communications with your company and its customer’s worldwide.
[Last updated on 10/19/09]
|Jobs @ MVU
Directions to MVU
Closing the Learning Gap
The Collaboration Center is perfect for:
- Strategic planning
- Course or product development
- Court depositions
- Cross-country interviews
- Company project development
- Worldwide collaboration with clients & partners
- Employee training
- Focus groups
- Market research groups
- Public announcements & press conferences
- Situation analysis & problem resolution
- Team building and retreats
Click here (PDF) for a printout of the information on this page.